Posts for tag: restorative dentistry
What your dentist in Norwich, Connecticut, wants you to know
You’ve probably already heard about dental implants. The truth is dental implants are the best solution available to replace missing teeth. If you are missing teeth, you may have become used to an incomplete smile, and that may be a mistake.
Living without teeth causes your jaws to lose bone, resulting in you looking older than you actually are. Your face may begin to sag and lose youthful fullness and contours. Dr. Edward Yates at Norwich Aesthetic Dentistry in Norwich, Connecticut, wants to share why dental implants are an important choice for you.
A younger-looking face isn’t the only reason why dental implants are a great choice. When you choose dental implants, you will experience:
- Natural-looking tooth replacement because implants look just like your natural teeth
- Stable tooth replacement because implants are placed in bone and the bone fills in around the implant, locking it in place
- Healthy tooth replacement because you can brush and floss dental implants just like your natural teeth, keeping your teeth and gums healthy
- Worry-free tooth replacement because your new dental implants will never decay and they are stain resistant too
- Successful tooth replacement because dental implants have a success rate of over 95%, according to the American Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Your dental implants will be placed during a simple procedure done right in the office. During the healing period, the bone will grow around and fuse with the dental implant, securing it firmly in place. After the area has healed, Dr. Yates will cap the implant with a sparkling implant crown.
You can choose dental implants to replace a single, or multiple missing teeth, or to provide support for a denture, which is snapped in place over the implants. For more detailed information about dental implants, please visit the dental implants page on the website at http://www.norwichaestheticdentistry.com/dental-implants.html
If you want a complete, beautiful new smile, it’s time for you to discover the importance of dental implants. It’s time for you to call Dr. Edward Yates at Norwich Aesthetic Dentistry in Norwich, Connecticut. Call him today and get started on a new smile and a new you!
What your dentist in Norwich, Connecticut wants you to know
Dental crowns can both strengthen and provide a cosmetically beautiful, natural look to your smile. The only problem is crowns can take at least two or more appointments, cutting into your time and your schedule.
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could have a beautiful new crown in just one appointment? Well now you can, thanks to CEREC same-day crowns. Dr. Edward Yates at Norwich Aesthetic Dentistry in Norwich, Connecticut wants to help you discover the benefits of CEREC crowns.
If you are like most people, you have a lot to do, and spending several hours in the dental chair to get a dental crown isn’t something you have time for. Now, with CEREC same-day crowns, your crown is made right in the office while you wait; no more waiting weeks for your crown to come back from the dental laboratory.
There are many benefits of CEREC crowns, including:
- Unsurpassed beauty, because your crowns are made of sparkling porcelain which reflects light, just like your natural teeth
- Unmatched perfection, because your crowns are created from precise computer-aided measurements to fit perfectly
- Unrivaled convenience, because they are made in one appointment while you wait
CEREC same-day crowns are created using revolutionary technology, consisting of exact 3-D imaging and precise computer-assisted measurement. Your new CEREC crowns will be spectacular and fit like a glove, eliminating the need for uncomfortable, unsightly temporary crowns.
If you think you are too busy to get a dental crown, think again! If you think you have to wear a less-than-perfect temporary crown, you don’t! It’s time to rethink dental crowns and discover CEREC same-day crowns, the modern answer to get a perfect, beautiful dental crown in a minimal amount of time.
To find out more about revolutionary CEREC same-day crowns, call Dr. Edward Yates at Norwich Aesthetic Dentistry in Norwich, Connecticut. Don’t wait for your new crown, call today and discover what CEREC crowns can do for you and your smile!
Missing or damaged teeth can make anyone feel as though their smile is not up to par with those around them. However, instead of replacing missing teeth with bridges or dentures, you can now fill in your gaps permanently with dental implants. But what can dental implants do for you? Find out with Dr. Edward Yates at Norwich Aesthetic Dentistry in Norwich, CT.
How do dental implants work?
Dental implants use your body’s natural healing abilities to hold a small post, called the fixture, in place. After your dentist implants the fixture, the bone begins growing around it, a process called osseointegration. After several months of healing, your bone will completely encompass the implant’s fixture, holding it securely and permanently in place. Successful integration allows the fixture to become an effective foundation for your replacement tooth.
The Benefits of Dental Implants in Norwich, CT
Dental implants don't just replace a missing tooth, but they also replace your tooth’s root. This keeps the jawbone stimulated to avoid bone atrophy. Atrophy, if left untreated, can result in some less than ideal side effects, such as drooping or sagging facial skin or healthy teeth drifting to compensate for the gap between them. Missing teeth also affect your mouth’s bite, which could create difficulties in eating or chewing. Replacing your teeth will give you a full smile you can feel proud of.
What can dental implants do for me?
Implants have several uses which can benefit you whether you are missing all or only one of your teeth. Dentists use implants to:
- …replace a single tooth: Replacing one tooth requires only a single implant fixture placed into the missing tooth’s socket. One dental crown sits on top of the fixture to complete the implant.
- …replace multiple teeth: If your gap spans several teeth in a row, a dental bridge can replace several teeth at once. One implant on either end of your gap holds the restoration in place.
- …replace all your teeth: An implant-supported denture uses four or more implants throughout your mouth’s top or bottom arch to hold a full denture in place. The denture can be removable or permanent, depending on what you and Dr. Yates decide is best for you.
For more information on dental implants, please contact Dr. Yates at Norwich Aesthetic Dentistry in Norwich, CT. Call (860) 889-6445 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Yates today!